Saturday, June 21, 2008

Decca West-Africa classics

Well, it's been some time now, i've been a bit lazy. But thats all gone change now, i'll try to get at least one message / track a week done. And i have collected some real gems lately, so that should not be a problem.
First another African Brothers track, this time belonging to the lp you see in my previous post.
African Brothers - Ade Aye Me


And now something else: One of the other great icons of Ghanaian highlife: E.T. Mensah and his Tempos

A fine highlife about the great rivers of Africa.
E.T Mensah - congo






Here is another example from the famous Decca West-Africa series:

Builders Brigade Band - apolonia






Last but not least, a band I never heard of before:

The Republicans - ahoofe bra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama Mia! There was a music group in Ghana called The Republicans? Never heard of them until I got to your blog. The only Republicans I can remember was the football team. Thanks for the music. You must have spent a lot on your collection and its worth every dime you can get from them. For old highlife, your blog is the holy grail. I really wish I have an old mp3 song to give you just to say thanks